11.12.2010

30for30: High Five



Today I battled the wind. Although I've seen it blow much, much harder than what it did today, any amount of wind is too much wind when trying to take pictures. Unless, of course, you are going for that 'blown in the wind' look. Then it would be great. 

I've never tucked a shirt into jeans before. I'm sure I did as a child, but that doesn't count. Since I wasn't wearing a cardigan, I decided on the tuck. Verdict: I like it. A lot. And I like this outfit a lot. Casual, but still dressy. Is that possible? I think so. 

Tonight or tomorrow I am going to compile my first five, talk about my feelings/thoughts thus far on the 30x30, and pick a favorite! I'm excited to share!

Ruffle Blouse: (I don't know... my b.)
Jeggings: TJ Maxx
Belt: J Crew
Shoes: Vera Wang
Bag: Vera Bradley (won in a raffle)
Gold Hoops: Belk










10 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it great how the 30 for 30 makes you try new things?
I love the look of the tucked in blouse...it's also something I never do!

Unknown said...

Isn't it fun trying new things with the 30 for 30 challenge! You look great with the shirt tucked into the jeans and I think the belt brings the look together wonderfully.

I love that bag and was shocked that it is Vera Bradley. It seems so much more chic than what she normally does.

I found you via the #30x30 hashtag and I'm having so much fun seeing how people are remixing their 30 items.

rochelleapproved.tumblr.com

s said...

Up until recently I thought the whole shirt tucked in deal was so "grown up" and not flattering. Lately I've been really into it and I'm realizing it is grown up, but in a sophisticated way. I love that this is just jeans and a white tshirt, but with a ton of personality.

Sarah
http://baumers.tumblr.com

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I'm not a big shirt tucker either! But this look is obviously fabulous on you, so you should continue tucking.

That belt is just lovely.

You did a great job fighting the wind, the pics look really good!

Elisabeth said...

I love the look of your shirt tucked into jeans. It looks really good on you. Love that bag too. I'm not normally a Vera fan but that is so cute.

Anonymous said...

bag + belt = cuteness.
and your legs? THEYRE SO LONG. your pants are looking hot on you! :D

looks like you won vs. the wind though! :) hope you have a good weekend!

Cara-Mia said...

I say continue tucking it in - this looks so good!

kelseychristiansonwilliams said...

can i borrow this belt?! love it.

Erin said...

Wow, we really did wear almost identical outfits on Friday! Great minds!

FineNaturalHairandFaith said...

so I'm pissed that you're outdoors without a coat while I'm freezing in NY at 19 degrees!

Love your FF post. I highlighted it on my blog here:
http://www.freshradiantskin.com/blog/post/2858606