4.24.2012

Life Lately

Busy Busy
{via}

Hello!

Sorry for the recent blogging hiatus. When my parent came to visit during Easter week I took some time off work to spend with them. I spent last week getting back into the swing of work and also taking an online, two-week course to prepare for the course I went to over the weekend. That's right - a course to prepare for a course. I had lessons, quizzes, and assignments - the whole sha-bang! It was intense, but I'm proud to say I am now certified to used Vitamstim during dysphagia therapy! I won't spend a whole post talking on it (unless I receive a surprisingly overwhelming amount of requests to do so), but Vitalstim is basically just a brand of neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES or estim) and I can now use it in conjunction with dysphagia therapy. It's pretty cool. 

So I spent the weekend up in Birmingham, sitting in class all day Saturday and Sunday. It was weird, but refreshing being back in a classroom. I enjoyed the learned and continuing education part, but not the testing so much. I jumped right back into work on Monday and needless to say - I am exhausted. And I'm working this weekend. And then I'm flying to Maine the next weekend. I need a break already. 

I definitely feel bad to have neglected the blogging world for this length of time. I thoroughly love blogging and reading other blogs, but I've had a busy schedule lately. Free time has been nonexistent. Lack of free time and exhaustion appear to be a recurring theme in these upcoming weeks - so bear with me! 

6 comments:

Natasha Fatah said...

I hear ya, busy, busy. :)

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~

Raegan Alicia Messinger said...

I'll wait patiently for the return of one of my favorite bloggers, no question! :)

Anonymous said...

I've missed your posts very much...but totally understand, no apologies necessary for your much-needed hiatus. See you back soon!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Clara Turbay said...

gret pic!

the savvy speechie said...

Glad to see you back! Congrats on the training! I had my first experience with Vitalstim last summer. Let's just say burns are no fun! I'll send you the link:

http://thesavvyspeechie.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapped-around-collar.html

Unknown said...

You have a very beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring posts! I'd like to invite you to be my friend and follow each other:)