4.15.2011

Recipe: Chicken Triangles

So this is a recipe that my sweet friend Tyra D shared with me. We actually made it together when she and Rhian came to visit back in January. It's called Chicken Triangle. It's easy to make, pretty to present, and delicious to eat - so that means it's pretty much perfect. 

Let's get started.
I hope y'all like having pictures with your recipes.

Need:
2-4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
4-6 oz ham, cut
4-6 oz swiss cheese, cut (I've also used cheddar)
Petridge Farm puff pastry sheets, thawed
Garlic, salt, and pepper

Directions:
1. Separate pastry sheets and open to allow thawing. 
2. Cut first three ingredients into cubes and small pieces. 
Season chicken with garlic, salt, and pepper.


3. Once pasty has thawed, flour a clean surface to roll out the pastry. 


{if you don't have a roller, a wine bottle is perfect}

4. Once the sheet is rolled out, cut into four squares. 


5. Place equal amounts of chicken, ham, and cheese on a corner of the square.


6. Fold the square over to make a triangle. Be sure to pinch the edges together tightly and then fold them over and pinch again - just to be sure.


7. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes - until golden brown. 


See? Pretty stinkin' easy, right?! Eat it with your favorite sides (I've had mac and cheese and green beans with this so far - whatever you like!). Enjoy!

26 comments:

Morgan said...

I totally do something similar! Looks delish!

megan said...

Just made a VERY similar recipe to this last night! It was so good!

In Kinsey's Closet said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds amazing! And they look very simple to make! I'll have to cook these up ASAP!

Roots Out West said...

Yum. Can;t wait to try this! I bet they would be yummy with a chipotle dip.

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

oh man that looks insanely good!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...looks yummy! Going to try that!

Jess said...

oh looks good, and would be even better with some sort of dip. hmmmm, maybe a honey mustard?

Unknown said...

mm these look so gooood!

Kelly said...

This looks incredible! I must try it...

Kelly
Enterkelly.blogspot.com

Amy @ Amy Day to Day said...

This is one I've never seen before and it looks super delicious!! I bet you could put all kinds of things inside! Yum. Do you ever dip it in anything? I bet it'd be good with a sauce or something.

amy day to day

Unknown said...

way to go girl! these look fantastic. ps--- you are sweet. <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

Susanna N. said...

Sounds easy and delish! Going to give them a shot! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa D. said...

Mmmm. This looks delicious and probably not completely un healthy either! I might try it this weekend with some reduced fat cheese w/green beans and a salad on the side. Thanks for sharing! =)

Gertrude said...

Ah I'm feeling hungry now! And yes I do love pictures with recipes :) xo

Zara said...

That is so simple and it looks fantastic. I think I will have to give them a go, especially with a side of green beans! YUM, thanks!

Brooke Jones said...

This looks great! Adding it to the menu for next week... thanks!

Sandy a la Mode said...

yummmm my mouth is watering! i make something similar with turkey and curry~~

JB said...

This sounds so yummy! I'll definitely have to try it.

Vanessa said...

Those look super good and super easy !

Kelly said...

Using a wine bottle instead of a rolling pin? Pretty sure you're meant to be my best friend. Slow clap.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, looks so goooooooood. Must try this!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldThreads on Twitter!

Mandy said...

Those look ridiculously yummy and easy to make. I am definitely trying out this recipe!

Kileen said...

oh yum!! this looks delish!

cute & little

Andrea Stevenson said...

Mmmm delish! I've made a similar recipe to these -we painted butter across the top and then sprinkled seaonson crouton crumbs on the tops. SOooooo GOoood!

pics-o-andrea

Lindsay Living said...

That looks super good! I might have to try that sometime. Yum!!
Lindsay Living

Rachel said...

YUM I so want to try these, you are such a chef :)