See that last picture... that's me being defeated by the wind. It threw my hair all over the place and I was fearful for the life of my camera. Such horrible memories. Also, this dress. Remember I mentioned doing a little DIY with it? Well, obviously I haven't gotten to it yet - maybe today will be his last day around the
block blog. Enough about the weather and my dress, let's talk favorite blogs. This week's FBFF questions are all about our favorite blogs - so here are mine!
1. Creative Juices (most creative): My gal Hello, Monkeyface! takes the cake with this one. The adorable monkey faces she makes to keep her anonymity in check are fabulous - adorable, really. I just love it (and husband does too!). And she takes amazing photos in amazing places. Love it.
2. The Real Deal (authenticity): Liz at 26 and Counting is the real deal. The girl is one of my bloggy Bff's (yeah, I went there). We've talked quite a bit and she's always Liz. Not to mention, her blog posts are honest and funny.
3. Spark Notes (most helpful): This is a double whammy - Cute and Little and The Coastal Chicster have both been there when I needed help personally - so they get my vote! They also both have fabulous tutorials where they share their geniusness with all of us who know nothing (or maybe just me).
4. Newbie (best blogger under a year old): Running on Happiness! Y'all, this lady is gorgeous, has such a lovely personal style, and has only been blogging three months. She's adorable.
5. Can You Hear Me Now (most connected): Statements in Fashion. Seriously, I feel like Collette is everywhere (in a great way!). Between her blog, twitter, and 411 - she's definitely connecting and staying connected.
6. If I Had a Hammer (best DIY): 320 Sycamore I prefer DIYs that are decor or around the house related - and this is one of my favorites! If you go to the right side and scroll down you'll see Tutorials and Under $10, Under 1 Hour tags - CLICK THEM! They are fabulous! Also, this girl rocks in the DIY department too!
7. Tribe Leader (blogger who leads and brings others together): This is definitely the category for Katy of ModlyChic. As many of you probably know, she's the brains behind FBFF - which is hugely successful not only as a Google Group, but at bringing everyone together. Whether it's through email discussions or the Friend Friday questions - she's got us all getting to know one another!
8. Practially Perfect (most fashionable): Kendi of Kendi Everyday. Kendi is perfect - I wouldn't believe anything else. Her outfits are always amazing, inspiring, and fashionable. She's a reason I started fashion blogging myself (for all the reasons listed in previous sentence). She's got it going on.
9. Paint By Numbers (best beauty blogs): I've found that YouTube is best for makeup tutorials - blogs are good, especially for reviews, but videos of knowledgeable ladies talking through the makeup application process is so helpful. I love it. I am subscribed to way too many makeup channels on YT. Maybe I should do a post on my favorite channels... what do you think? Anyway, one of the channels I follow also has a corresponding blog - so she get's my vote: It's Judy Time (love her!). Most of her posts come with pictures and a video!
10. Renaissance Woman (best all around): This is easy Cupcakes and Cashmere. Emily is gorgeous! She has amazing style, shares some of the most delicious recipes, and does wonderful tutorials! My kind of blog! I've been reading her blog for a very long time and she has yet to disappoint - ever, in the least! Plus she was on The Hills - which is cool in my book!
So there they are. There are so many wonderful blogs out there - so many! I could easily put at least ten blogs for each category, but that would have defeated the purpose of all of this. Anyway - did you have some of the same picks?