10.15.2010

Friday Favorites

I have a somewhat busy day today, but I could not skip out on my Friday Favorites. 




This week I wanted to share a mascara with you. Back in September I posted on my Summer Staples. In that post I raved about Maybelline's Colossal Mascara. And I still love that mascara; however, I have ventured out of my comfort zone to try a new one. I chose to try Almay's One Coat Triple Effect Mascara. It's rare that I am initially impressed with a product, they have to grow on me. So after a few uses I really started loving this stuff. It lengthens (which I need) and thickens (which I need). The triple effect stated is that it "instantly builds, extends and sculpts lashes" and I believe that it does. The brush is a bit intimidating in that one side has normal sized bristles and the other side has tiny bristles. You first coat with the long ones, then the short ones for length (I believe). 


I usually do two coats with the long side, then move on to one coat of the shorter side and my lashes look fabulous (and trust me, they need all the help they can get; they are pretty pathetic). I will most definitely be buying a second tube of this mascara.


If you are interested in trying this, I would suggest looking at Walmart for the cheapest price or checking out the weekly sales at your favorite drug store. I did see these where two tubes were packaged together and it was "buy one, get one" which is a good option just in case you do love this mascara. And if you don't love it, you can pass it on to a friend or family member that may like it. Just an option. 


Well I am off to a fabulous weekend with my parents and grandma. They are visiting and I am so excited to see them, show them our place, and just spend time together. Happy weekend to you all!

No comments: