Husband and I often have breakfast for dinner. Usually some combination of bread and meat; pancakes or waffles with bacon or hot sausage. When I came across this pin, my mouth dropped open and off to the kitchen I went. Why hadn't I ever thought about this? It's a pretty simple process, but I photoed the steps anyway.
1. So I just pulled out a box of Bisquick and made pancake mix* according to the directions on the box.
2. Fry up the bacon.
3. I used our griddle instead of a pan - mostly so I could cook more than one at a time - so I could get these in my mouth faster.
4. I got the griddle to the appropriate temperature and then slapped down a pat of butter. I use butter for added flavor and it helps to create a crispy (and delicious) edge on each pancake.
5. I used a measuring cup (I think 3/4 c. size) to pour the batter in the long, oval shape.
6. Once the batter goes down, I laid a strip of bacon on top.
7. Once the edges begin to bubble and appear to be cooking, I flip the pancakes.
8. I let the other side fully cook and then pile the pancakes onto my plate!
These are just as delicious as they look. If you are someone who eats pancakes and bacon for breakfast or dinner I highly recommend giving this a go. I promise you won't be disappointed! I think this is good for kids to participate in making and they will enjoy eating them as well!
*When I make pancakes or waffles I always add a bit of vanilla extract to the batter for added flavor. I don't have a particular amount I add - I just eye-ball it. I would say a teaspoon for smaller batches and a tablespoon for larger ones.