So I was recently featured on Good Life for Less sharing my summer essentials, and I thought I'd share those favorite summer items with all of you as well!
1. Easy and loose clothes. I'm from the south. Last year my husband and I made the move from NC to Alabama - I thought summers were rough in NC... they are nothing compared to the hot, humid air here in Alabama. When I'm hot, I want clothes that are easy to wear, will allow a nice breeze through my body, and that are simple.
2. Bright nail polish. Essie is by far my favorite nail polish brand. I love the way the formula goes on my nails and I love all the colors they have to choose from! One of a Kind is perfect for an indecisive mind like mine - it's a blend of red, orange, and coral which are all colors I love for the summer. It's on my toes all summer long! (I'm also currently loving Cute as a Button)
3. A moisturizer that provides color and SPF. This DDF Enhancing Sun Protection moisturizer is perfect. Not only does it moisturize and protect your skin from the sun, it also has "self-blending" color spheres that give you a more even skin tone and a hint of color. During the summer I usually skip foundation and lather up in this!
4. Lip Butter. Anything that will keep my lips moisturized is in my bag - no matter the season. This particular lip butter provides the perfect pink-coral tint you want during the summer months.
5. A fishtail braid. Much like my clothes, I like my hair to be easy. I like it to be easy and out of the way. A fishtail braid is the perfect way to keep your hair out of your face and off your neck, but still looking fabulous. I honestly love a fishtail during any season of the year, but summer time just screams fishtail braid - for me, anyway!
What are your summer essential items?