1. My first concert: New Kids on the Block. I wish I was at home so I could scan the pictures of me at the concert. I was rightfully equipped with a black and neon hat (tilted to the side, of course), an over-sized button the size of my head, and an extra large NKOTB t-shirt that also doubled as a maxi-dress at the time. So hip.
2. Poly Pocket was my go-to toy. I loved PP. I had around eight of them and at least one was with me at all times. Moon shoes were also a favorite.
3. My first CD - Meatloaf. I was so young, I don't even know why I wanted to buy it (or how I was allowed!), but I did. I just couldn't get enough of I Would Do Anything for Love. Other first CDs included Bryan Adams (So Far, So Good) , Ace of Base (Sign), and Mariah Carey (Music Box).
4. Speaking of Mariah Carey, I had quite the obsession with her music growing up. I had all of her CDs and to this day I can sing any song - word for word - and all the "oh Oh oH ohh's" that go along with each song. I even sang Dreamlover for a 5th grade talent competition.
5. I took dancing from age two up through my early teens. My favorite part of dancing: recital consumes. I loved playing dress-up and my costumes were always what I'd go to first. I sometimes would even put the costumes on our dog - and I'm telling you, a boxer in a leotard with a tutu is the cutest thing ever.
6. Before my CD player was the record player. The only record I remember having and playing is a Rainbow Bright soundtrack.
7. I learned the things that a curling iron can do to Barbie's hair the hard way.
Now, Ashley, Kristen, Rochelle, Sarah, Kimmie, Kileen, and Law Mama Liz let's hear about your childhood. Also, if you're in my blogroll (and even if you're not), I tag you too!