11.20.2010

30for30: Ah, to be 13.

 

{ignore all squinty-eyed photos, thanks}

I'm so happy to see the weekend for many reasons. One of those reasons being my man can take my pictures. Do you know how much easier and quicker picture taking is when you don't have to run back and forth for the self-timer? 

I love this time of the day. When the sun is almost completely down and the earth is orange. None of these pictures were re-touched or with any type of filter, only cropped. I love it. I also love when my Wolfpack wins, especially against the Tarheels (I'll refrain from calling them the Tarholes since a great friend of mine reads this blog and went to that school....), and that's exactly what happened today! Go Pack!

I was nervous putting this outfit together today. I knew I wanted (and needed) to wear this dress - or any dress that has yet to be worn from my 30. I put it on and sifted through all the different accessories I had - socks, tights, scarfs... and this is what walked out of the closet. And I like it. I would have liked it a lot more if it were actually cool here. It's not cool at all - definitely not jacked or scarf worthy weather, but since I'm 13 deep into this 30 for 30, I just ignore the weather and wear what I want. 

Dress: Target
Tights: Betsey Johnson
Scarf: TJ Maxx
Socks: NY&Co.
Boots: Steve Madden
Jacket: Expess







I love this grey leather jacket. I searched the shopping world all over for a leather jacket last year. I had my heart set on a cognac one similar to this, but it never worked out. I will go back on the hunt for that jacket when 30 for 30 is no more. 


Meat with her mommy.

Meat with her daddy.

24 comments:

In Kinsey's Closet said...

I love this look! Having a photographer makes it so much easier! These pictures are lovely :0)

s said...

Yes I know exactly how much of a pain self timer mode is :)

I have a friend who went to UNC for grad school, but since you're not a Duke fan, we're still good :) AND if we wanna talk about a real football game, my W&M Tribe beat the Richmond Spiders. Loveeee ittttt.

Enjoy your Saturday night dear!

xo
Sarah

Cara-Mia said...

Cute! I love that jacket. It's only cool enough for tights & boots in the evenings here... hoping that'll change soon, though.

megan said...

Congrats on the win! Love the scarf!

Unknown said...

I love the rufflyness of the scarf...and the pictures turned out great..totally perfect lighting...so jealous of your weather...trade you?

Linda said...

These are beautiful photos. Your man did a great job. The lighting is great and you look so joyful.
It helps, too, that you are rocking an amazing outfit...my favorite of yours so far.

The Auspicious Life

Anonymous said...

The pictures with Meat are my favorite. The light's great and he's super cute! :)

archives vintage said...

the lighting is perfect in these!!! that jacket is great!

Anonymous said...

Linley--great looking outfit. I've been window shopping a very simple leather jacket too. good luck on that search, when the time comes.

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Oh I love that beautiful sunset light! These pics are great...good job Hubby! That scarf & jacket are perfect touches for this perfect outfit. I love the ruffledy-ness of the scarf!! (i think I just made up a word.)

Lisa D. said...

These photos are gorgeous! Congrats on the win. Virginia Tech beat Miami today, too, so if everything goes according to plan, our alma maters should be battling each other in the ACC championship game, huh? =)

Love that leather jacket!

Virginie Bardot said...

Hou Linley, these pics are dreamy! The light, the yellow wall, the happiness that shines through...

I hope you have an awesome week-end!

Brooke T said...

your pictures are so pretty!!

Shannon said...

I love your scarf and jacket so so so much...a gray leather jacket was never on my want-radar before but it's definitely there now!!!
And who cares about the weather--you look fab!

Alessandra said...

gorgeous pictures. there's a total weekend vibe going, which I love.

your outfit is fantastic. you look super pretty and casual at the same time. the jacket, scarf and boots top off the look.

minnja said...

Gorgeous :)))

Love
minnja

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

Rose said...

Aaaah, you look so cozy today! I like the combo of the grey jacket and cognac boots. I adds a lot of visual interest.

Anonymous said...

I looove your boots!

Buket Poyraz said...

love the photos.. lovely dog :)

http://buketpoyraz.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Agreed--the hour (or so) before sunset is gorgeous. Very chic, lady! I just love your scarf. Let's be real. I love this whole outfit.

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Heidi said...

Such an awesome outfit. I love it from top to bottom.

Jenni King said...

I love this. that scarf and jacket are so wonderful. It's not cool here either. I definitely wore short sleeves to day and was completely comfortable. Weird southern weather.

kelseychristiansonwilliams said...

what a beautiful scarf!

Anonymous said...

i really love this jacket. it's such a great piece!!! :) you look really pertty in these pictures with the light and all :)