1.12.2011

DIY: Rose Wreath


A very dear friend of mine (hey Mary Ann!) sent me a link a while back with a DIY for a wreath. When I saw it, I knew I was in love and had to do it. A couple months later I finally finished and I'm ready to share! Hope you love it!

Need:
18" wreath
25 (9x12) felt sheets
glue gun
scissors
cd

Directions:
1. Fold felt sheet in half, and then half again. This creates four layers. 
2. Trace cd (with a pencil) and then cut out the circle traced. This will yield four separate circles. 
Tip: The cd was slightly larger than the folded felt, but it didn't make a difference. 
3. Repeat this until all felt sheets have been cut. 
Tip: If you have nice scissors, you might can layer two of the folded felt sheets to cut eight circles at a time and speed up the process.
4. Layer four circles at a time and spiral cut them.

5.Once cut, begin from the center and start rolling the felt by following the cut you made. 
Tip: Be sure to keep this side flat so that gluing on to the wreath is easy.

{bottom of rose | top of rose} 

6. When you finish rolling your roses, place a bit of glue at the end to keep the rose together. 
7. Once the roses are finished, cover the flat side of each rose with glue and then place it on the wreath. 
Tip: Position a few of the roses to where you want them before gluing, just to make sure it fits and looks good.


This is an extremely inexpensive and easy project that anyone can do! It is a bit tedious and time consuming, but I wasn't in a rush to finish. I would cut and roll roses while watching tv until I finally accumulated enough roses to cover the entire thing.

I'm absolutely in love with this wreath. It's adorable, girly, and has this soft, romantic feeling to it. Now I just have to decide which room in our home will be graced with its presence.

24 comments:

Whitney said...

This is one of the cutest homemade wreaths I have ever seen! I am definitely trying this one!

Morgan said...

Love everything about this! I want to try!

heidi said...

this wreath is too adorable. i love all of your diy projects!

Lynzy said...

What a great DIY, to get me looking forward to spring!

xo Lynzy
http://sparklingfootsteps.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

I can't believe you made that - it's so lovely! Makes me wish I was crafty (& patient)!

Kileen said...

wow, this real is beautiful and it is surprisingly simple. i'll have to give it a shot sometime. thanks for sharing!

cute and little

Fran said...

Very perdy Linley Shea.....guess I am going to have to go get me some felt and a grapevine wreath and do me one....

Frannycakes

Mimi said...

I love this project, and I'm so into white roses right now:)

Aesthetic Lounge

Becky said...

Cute!!

katherine said...

so cute! love it.

Laurel Ann said...

I love this project! It looks like a fairly easy way to make something totally unique.

http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

The Curvy Girl said...

I love this! I am going to try it!

Anonymous said...

i love this! i will definitely have to try it sometime.

WobiSobi said...

This is so beautiful. Love the dark nail polish too.;)

megan said...

Suuuuuuper cute! Bookmarking right now! :)

Unknown said...

totally gorgeous!!!!!

~selina

Taylor Renee said...

Oh my gosh! This is too perfect. I have a leftover grapevine wreath from a few I bought and made into Christmas wreaths for family ... I've been pondering what to do with it and this is PERFECTION! Getting myself over to Joann's for some felt today!

xox,
Taylor
www.trimmedandtaylored.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That wreath is so pretty! I'm not super crafty, but this is definitely something I want to try!

Shopping and Spreadsheets

elizabeth said...

It's great, I love it! If you're in the mood for some more home decor, check out the GIVEAWAY I have going now!

this free bird said...

You did a great job!! I really need to get more familiar with a glue gun. I'm robbing myself!

xo,
C

Cee said...

That wreath is gorgeous! I'm not crafty at all, but I can definitely appreciate the talent in others, and you definitely have it. The results are beautiful :)
xox,
Cee
http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com

Jenni King said...

Linley that is gorgeous! What a fun project!

srochellephotography said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this wreath!!! I'm normally not a fan of wreaths but this one looks so chic and modern!

Great DIY! Thank you for sharing :-)

Rochelle

Amber said...

A totally fantastic idea - thanks for the inspiration!

Just discovered your blog and became a follower, look forward to outfit ideas and DIY motivation. Keep up the good work!

Amber

bellsandkilts.blogspot.com